Sunday, October 14, 2007

EDM #139 and an old one...



This is my sketch for the "draw something with a handle" challenge. The two mugs are these funky little mugs that my very conservative grandmother gave me one Christmas with a great teapot to match. They are very colorful...I should probably add some color later....The chest in the background is a beautiful wooden chest from Pakistan.

The drawing of the boot is something I did a year ago. I just liked it so I thought I'd post it here :)

8 comments:

Anita Davies said...

Both are great, the coffee/tea almost looks like it's spilling over which gives the whole sketch motion. LOVE those boots, yes, they deffinately deserve a little more attention!

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

i love both of these. they are full of energy and character. I really like your style.

Felicity Grace said...

Lovely drawings. I'd like to see the colour version of the cups, I really like colourful cups and teapots! And the boots - wow! I'd break a leg if I attempted to walk in those! ;)

Sherry Pierce Thurner said...

Very fun and funky! I also love those cups. Are they that wild orange, blue and yellow art deco sort? There's a name for that, but I can't recall it.

juj said...

You have a very graphic energetic style that I love. Great sketches.

Serena Lewis said...

Great work, Kim! Nice style ~ :)

Anonymous said...

Nice line work and great comps. Love the boots!

lampwork Kel said...

Love the Charcoal drawing of Van, I also like the colorful goofy dude you painted, I think the baby will love this pic